As the school board begins their search for a new superintendent, they need your input on the qualities and strengths you would like to see in the next superintendent.
You are invited to attend one of four Teacher and Staff Open Forums during the week of August 17. A calendar of these meetings is provided below.
- Monday, August 17, 7:30 a.m., Falling Branch Elementary School
- Monday, August 17, 3:00 p.m., Eastern Montgomery High School
- Tuesday, August 18, 5:30 p.m., Auburn Middle School
- Wednesday, August 19, 7:30 a.m., Price's Fork Elementary School
At these meetings, the following questions will be discussed.
- What do you value regarding your schools? What strengths do you desire to retain and build upon for the next superintendent?
- What are the issues MCPS currently faces and will be facing in the next three to five years?
- What are the personal and professional characteristics do you and your community expect a superintendent to possess?
If you are unable to attend the meetings, you are still invited to participate in this process by:
- Attending an open forum (schedule below)
Monday, August 17, 7:30 p.m., Christiansburg High School Cafeteria
Monday, August 17, 7:30 p.m., Blacksburg High School Cafeteria
Wednesday, August 19, 7:00 p.m., Auburn High School Dining Commons