MCPS will kick off their annual Back to School Supply Drive on Saturday, July 2 at the Shelor Motor Mile Monster Truck Show. Representatives will be on hand from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. to collect school supplies. Attendees can bring a school supply donation for a chance to win one of many raffle prizes.
The Tools for School program provides school supplies to needy students throughout Montgomery County. All supplies collected are used to fill backpacks for students to receive at the beginning of the year.
Other school collection stops include:
- Friday, July 15 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Christiansburg Wal-Mart
- Saturday, July 16 at the Pulaski Yankees Baseball Game from 5 to 9:30 p.m.
- MCPS students admitted free with one paying adult
- Raffle prizes – bring in school supplies for a raffle ticket
- Friday, August 19 at the BHS Football Game from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Friday, August 26 at the AHS Football Game from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Friday, September 9 at the EMHS Football Game from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Friday, September 23 at the CHS Football Game from 6 to 9 p.m.
Members of the community may also drop off school supplies at Subway in Christiansburg, Outback, OWPR or any Shelor Showroom. This year, businesses or community members may sponsor a filled 7/student backpack for $20. The fee covers the backpack, notebooks, folders, glue sticks, scissors, writing utensils, ruler and a pencil pouch.
For more information about the Tools for School program, contact Sheila Brown at 540-382-5100 (x1002) or firstname.lastname@example.org.